Chocolate Espresso Bark Recipe
Recipe and Images by Marisa Albrecht
The winter months often prove to be a season of many gatherings, Christmas parties or gift exchanges with friends and families. This sweet and simple recipe easily complements a dessert spread for a party, can be a lovely stocking stuffer when bundled together, or just a snack to nibble on when cuddled on the couch, coffee in hand! Mix it up and customize it by substituting the coffee grounds with whichever toppings and add-ins you prefer.
- 1 23 oz bag Semi-sweet, milk, or dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup Whole coffee beans
- 1 cup White chocolate chips for drizzling
Serves 8–10 | Prep time: 5 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
1. Line a 10x15-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
2. Grind coffee beans semi-course, setting aside two tablespoons for topping.
3. Using a saucepan or double broiler system, melt the base chocolate of your choice, stirring continually.
4. Once melted, mix in coffee grounds.
5. Pour chocolate onto lined baking pan and spread evenly. Set pan aside to cool, or set in refrigerator.
6. Meanwhile, melt white chocolate in microwave for drizzling. When the first pan has cooled slightly, remove from refrigerator and drizzle with white chocolate.
7. Sprinkle with remaining coffee grounds. Set pan aside again to fully cool.
8. Once chocolate has hardened, peel off parchment paper and break the chocolate apart into bark-sized pieces.
For variety, try substituting coffee grounds with chopped nuts or dried fruit, or adding a touch of sea salt on top for a sweet and salty effect.